Who We Are
Torr Waterfield (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Torr Waterfield’s registered office is at Park House, 37 Clarence Street, Leicester LE1 3RW and we are a company, Torr Waterfield Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 03925989. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z7132769, and act as the data controller. Our designated Compliance Officer for the organisation is Mike Waterfield and we can be contacted at our registered office address or by telephone on 0116 242 3400.
Information That We Collect
Torr Waterfield processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Skype Address
- National Insurance Number
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- Passport Number
- Driving Licence Number
- Computer IP address
We collect information in the following ways:
- Face to face
How We Use Your Personal Data
Torr Waterfield processes your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are:
- We process personal data necessarily in the performance of a contract which may involve providing a range of professional services.
- With consent, we use personal data to provide information that we consider will be of interest to our clients or about the services that we provide.
- We are subject to a range of legal, regulatory and professional obligations. We need to maintain certain records to demonstrate compliance with our legal obligations.
You have the right to access any personal information that Torr Waterfield retains about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes for which the personal data is held
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, in which case you will be notified appropriately.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Torr Waterfield uses third-parties to provide the services and business functions described below. All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures:
- We use M3 Financial Solutions Limited to assist with financial planning matters and they act in the capacity of a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and date of birth to meet business and legal requirements.
- We use Smartcredit Limited (Smartsearch) to assist with compliance with Anti Money Laundering legislation. The information we provide them with is your name, address and date of birth, though we may need to provide additional information in some circumstances.
- We use Stor-a-File Limited to assist with document storage and the secure destruction of confidential waste. Due to the nature of the services provided any personal information provided to us may be held by them on our behalf.
Torr Waterfield takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- Password protected IT systems
- Restricted and controlled access to our building
- Clear desk policy
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to Torr Waterfield, however, as this information may be required for us to provide you with our services, we may not be able to offer some, or all, of our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Torr Waterfield only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have consented to us using your details to contact you with details of our services, newsletters and other relevant matters, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Torr Waterfield only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Park House, 37 Clarence Street
Leicester LE1 3RW
0116 242 3400 | email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113 | firstname.lastname@example.org