We're looking for a calm and organised person to join our very busy payroll department.
Torr Waterfield a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice is seeking a Payroll Senior.
What will we need from you?
- Provide support to the payroll department.
- Check figures calculated by the software to ensure that the correct PAYE/NI etc have been deducted
- Serving as a point of contact for payroll administrative matters & advice to management and staff on payroll related issues
- Calculating and processing of termination payments
- Processing increases and calculation of backpays
- Assist in the administration of all payroll related statutory compliance eg. pension funds
- Build good relationships with clients, receive and review payroll jobs, prioritise and work back to managers on time and on budget
- Look for and suggest improvements to our systems and ways of working.
- Checking the quality of work produced, making sure it meets a high standard and suggest ways of improving the quality and consistency
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Experienced in payroll processing
- Immeasurably calm in a busy and fast paced environment
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in payroll (ideally a bureau background)
- Have experience of running multiple payrolls
- Have the ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Have knowledge of payroll software such as Sage & Xero
- Be able to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Skilled at dealing with people
- High level of attention to detail
- Ideally be CIPP qualified (but not essential)
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting and diverse clients
- A highly skilled, driven and super friendly team to work alongside and develop your talents with
- Opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning and is of value to our clients
- Regular Team Building events
Please email a CV and a short, snappy cover letter or email that explains why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please email email@example.com and be sure to write 'Payroll Senior Role' in the subject line.