Administration Assistant (Full Time).
Torr Waterfield a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice is seeking an Administration Assistant. Ideally being immediately available or on short notice, you will be of strong character, able to work on your own initiative. At least 12 months administration experience is desirable.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Setting up new clients taken on by the practice;
This includes setting the client up on our computers systems, sending a welcome pack & filing forms with HMRC to register them.
Incorporation of new Limited companies, using our Iris computer system & electronic submission to Companies House once approved.
Company Statutory forms including share transfers, allotments and changes of director’s details etc.
VAT Registration and cancellation forms
On-line company searches as and when requested by Directors/Managers for credit checks, obtaining copies of statutory changes.
Billing Clients for chargeable work
Ensuring that all of the above forms are sent & received back from clients and submitted to the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
General filing and archiving of documents
Client Name changes & Ref sheets
Ad hoc tasks
Skill Sets required:
- Being able to deal with difficult clients with tact and diplomacy
- Planning & Organising your workload, taking responsibility for meeting targets
- Delegate tasks where appropriate and ensure that these are followed through
- Keeping GPM systems up to date for all jobs that you are working on and client details in general
- Communicating effectively with the Managers and Directors
- Using your own judgement to identify ways to improve job approach if needed
- Identifying and suggesting improvements to clients systems where appropriate
- Providing assistance and guidance to other members of staff as and when they require it
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with others
- Highlighting any areas that you feel you need additional training in to the HR department – both during the appraisal process and at any other time that it is necessary
- Ensuring that Client Confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Complying with Health & Safety requirements as per the company Health & Safety Manual.
Four weeks holiday, plus Statutory, plus Christmas
Salary – Negotiable on experience
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 to 17:15 Friday: 8:30 to 17:00
Please apply by email with CV & Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post;
For the attention of Miss H Crown, Torr Waterfield, Park House, 37 Clarence Street. Leicester. LE1 3RW