Semi Senior Accountant
We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and forward-thinking Semi-Senior Accountant to join a friendly but fast paced environment.
Torr Waterfield a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice is currently recruiting for an AAT qualified or ACCA trainee semi senior with 1-2 years’ experience.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing Accounts and associated paperwork (unincorporated businesses and companies)
- along with monthly Management Accounts, as required.
- Preparing Business Tax Computations, Partnership Returns, Personal Tax Computations and Personal Tax Returns.
- Preparing P11D returns.
- Assisting with Audit assignments if required (this would only be a small part of the role, and only if the business need arises)
- Providing assistance and guidance to more junior members of staff if acting as Mentor to a trainee
- Build good relationships with clients, receive and review jobs, prioritise and work back to managers on time and on budget
- Look for and suggest improvements to our systems and ways of working.
- Checking the quality of work produced, making sure it meets a high standard and suggest ways of improving the quality and consistency
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- AAT qualified or ACCA trainee semi senior with 1-2 years’ experience in private practice.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows, word & excel
- Knowledge of Iris, Sage Accounts and Xero would be beneficial.
- High level of attention to detail
- Skilled at dealing with people
- Organised and deadline driven
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting and diverse clients
- A modern working environment, complete with coffee on tap.
- A highly skilled, driven and super friendly team to work alongside and develop your talents with opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning and is of value to our clients
- Regular Team Building events
Please email a CV and a short, snappy cover letter or email that explains why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please email email@example.com and be sure to write 'Semi Senior Role' in the subject line.