At Torr Waterfield, a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice, we are looking for a motivated, pro-active and forward-thinking person to join a friendly but fast paced environment as a Trainee Accountant.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams.
Training & Support
You will receive a full study package working towards the AAT qualification.
We support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Being a medium sized firm, our students benefit from a more varied training experience rather than being locked into one specialism for the whole of their contract. The breadth of experience and training makes for a more interesting and varied work place which enables students to think through issues more broadly than would otherwise be the case.
Our aim is that at the end of their training, students will not only achieve a well-respected qualification but will also have developed a good business understanding which will stand them in good stead for the future.
The trainee role will include
- Being involved in accounting, customer service, administration and tax.
- Preparing accounts for unincorporated businesses and companies.
- Personal and corporate tax work.
- Assisting with Audit assignments if required (this would only be a small part of the role, and only if the business need arises).
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Strong A levels or similar qualification.
- Grade 7 or above in GCSE English Language and Mathematics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- High level of attention to detail. Organised and deadline driven.
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting and diverse clients in a modern working environment.
- A highly skilled, driven and super friendly team to work alongside and develop your talents with opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning.
- Regular team building events.
Please email a CV and a short, snappy cover letter or email that explains why you're the perfect person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to write ' Trainee Role' in the subject line.