We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and forward-thinking individual to join a friendly but fast paced environment.
Torr Waterfield a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice is currently recruiting for a trainee accountant.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams.
Training & Support
- We will fund for you to study towards either the AAT or ACCA qualification.
- You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study.
- We support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
- Being a medium sized firm, our students benefit from a more varied training experience rather than being locked into one specialism for the whole of their contract. You will receive training in:
- Accounts preparation, VAT, personal taxation work and corporate taxation work.
- The breadth of experience and training makes for a more interesting and varied work place which enables students to think through issues more broadly than would otherwise be the case.
- Our aim is that at the end of their training, students will not only achieve a well-respected qualification but will also have developed a good business understanding which will stand them in good stead for their future careers.
Work will include
- Preparing Accounts and associated paperwork (unincorporated businesses and companies)
- along with monthly Management Accounts, as required.
- Preparing Business Tax Computations, Partnership Returns, Personal Tax Computations and Personal Tax Returns.
- Preparing P11D returns.
- Assisting with Audit assignments if required (this would only be a small part of the role, and only if the business need arises)
- Providing assistance and guidance to more junior members of staff if acting as Mentor to a trainee
- Build good relationships with clients, receive and review jobs, prioritise and work back to managers on time and on budget
- Look for and suggest improvements to our systems and ways of working.
- Checking the quality of work produced, making sure it meets a high standard and suggest ways of improving the quality and consistency
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Grade B or above A Levels.
- Grade 5 or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows, word & excel
- High level of attention to detail
- Skilled at dealing with people
- Organised and deadline driven
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting and diverse clients
- A modern working environment, complete with coffee on tap.
- A highly skilled, driven and super friendly team to work alongside and develop your talents with opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning and is of value to our clients
- Regular Team Building events
Please email a CV and a short, snappy cover letter or email that explains why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to write 'Trainee Accountant Role' in the subject line.