Is your business owed money?
The ‘scourge of late payment’ was specifically mentioned in the government’s Spring Statement this year. There is government consultation in the pipeline, but with 20% of small businesses running into cash flow difficulties because their bills are paid late, December 2017 saw a new service launched to help.
The Small Business Commissioner (SBC) has taken on a new complaints handling role to assist small businesses by:
- supporting Britain’s 5.7 million small businesses to resolve payment disputes and tackle larger businesses’ unfair payment practices to drive culture change
- providing a new website to help small businesses with late payment issues
- receiving late payment complaints from small businesses.
There are a number of parameters about which cases the SBC can help with. If the SBC does take your complaint on, it will aim to make its recommendation within six weeks. Its decision is not legally binding, so court action and other options remain open should you require them. The new website can be found here goo.gl/qd8P24
Got a question?
Why not fill out our quick contact form below and a member of the team will respond shortly.
Receive our FREE monthly eNEWS, keeping you up to date with the latest news.
Registration on our website is quick and simple. On registration you will benefit from:
- Our FREE monthly eNEWS email newsletter which will keep you up to date with the latest news (this service is optional)
- On registration we'll email FREE resources to you with our compliments.
You only have to register once. You will be given a username and password that you can use at any time to log back into our website.