An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax Senior to join our Tax Department. We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and forward-thinking individual.
Torr Waterfield a leading independent Leicester accountancy practice are currently recruiting for a Tax Senior CTA/ACA or ACCA qualified with experience in a general accounting environment where they have worked in a tax biased role
What you will be doing?
- Advise clients on tax issues and tax planning opportunities covering corporate tax, personal tax and other related tax issues (such as IHT, CGT etc.)
- Assist with tax planning activities
- Compliance work for allocated clients
- Prepare, review and submit tax returns
- Review P&L Accounts of Partnerships and Self-Employed clients
- Assist junior staff members and advise internal colleagues on aspects of taxation
- Maintain direct contact with clients to build good client relationships and liaise with HMRC, legal and professional services organisation
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- The perfect Tax Senior will be CTA/ACA or ACCA qualified with experience in a general accounting environment where they have worked in a tax biased role. Strong technical tax skills are desirable. For the right candidate, qualified by experience will be considered.
- The ideal candidate will be a Tax Semi Senior looking for a new challenge within tax combined with undertaking their first Tax Seniors job or an existing Tax Senior looking for a new challenge within an employee-focused firm of accountants.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows, word & excel
- Knowledge of Iris tax would be desirable but not essential.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Skilled at dealing with people.
- Organised and deadline driven.
What you'll get from us
- The opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting and diverse clients
- A modern working environment, complete with coffee on tap.
- A highly skilled, driven and super friendly team to work alongside and develop your talents with opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning and is of value to our clients
- Regular Team Building events
Please email a CV and a short, snappy cover letter or email that explains why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to write 'Tax Senior Role' in the subject line.